Saturday, October 31, 2009
Lemon Pepper Chicken
An easy quick Chicken recipe for the weekend.Can be an appetiser when cut into smaller pieces or a complete meal on its own.
To serve-4 Persons
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp clear honey
1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp dijon mustard
A Few Lemon Roundels-To add to the Flavour and eye appeal
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
750g baby salad potatoes or larger ones, halved
Chopped Parsley for Garnish.
steamed broccoli florets, to serve
1. Make 2-3 diagonal superficial cuts on each chicken breast with a sharp knife.
2. Mix the honey, lemon zest and juice, garlic, mustard and black pepper in a bowl.
3. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Leave it to marinate for 30 minutes or preferably overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/.Arrange the potatoes,Lemaon roundels and chicken in a single layer in a shallow-sided roasting tin and pour any excess marinade on top.
5. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked. Serve with broccoli and any pan juices.
PS-Onion Lovers may add roundels of one onion also.
You may adjust the quantity of Pepper and/or lemon juice as per your taste.
Recipe can be made ahead and frozen and reheated for the next meal.
This is great mood elevating recipe due to its citrus flavor.Not really a spicy preparation as per Indian Taste but its not bland too. A Zero oil recipe suitable for Diabetics without Potatoes and Honey-Should be omitted for them:-)The Zingy flavour of lemon and sharpness of pepper makes it irresistable...try it!
Serve with a glass of fruity white wine....enjoii!